Developer Cloud Imperium Games has announced a Free Fly week for Star Citizen where you can test 8 ships. The Free2Play period starts today.
Here’s what’s going on: Star Citizen, the space game that feels like it’s been in alpha forever, regularly holds so-called Free Fly Events. This means free periods in which you can try out the game as you please, and you even have a few of the otherwise very expensive spaceships at your disposal. One of these Free Fly Events starts today and will last for a week.
Free Fly Event in Star Citizen lets you test 8 spaceships
The Free Fly Event lets you play Star Citizen for free for a week. But you have to follow a few things:
- Register a new account or log in with your existing account.
- On the promo page, after you’re logged in, paste the following code at the bottom of the site: GETINTOTHEVERSE
- Download the launcher, install the game and log in.
- The event starts on September 08, 2022
- The event ends on September 15, 2022
These spaceships are at your disposal
During the free trial period, 8 different spaceships are available at each spaceport:
- Aegis Redeemer: A small, multi-person battleship with plenty of armament.
- RSI Scorpius: A two-seater heavy fighter with plenty of armament.
- Origin 600i Explorer: A luxurious ship comparable to a yacht.
- Anvil Carrack: The largest ship in the game right now, with infirmary, lots of cargo space and plenty of crew space.
- Crusader Mercury: Smaller multi-crew ship to get from A to B quickly.
- Argo RAFT: Solo transport ship with lots of storage space.
- Aegis Avenger Titan: Good solo starter ship with low firepower and storage space.
- Anvil C8X Pisces Expedition: Small ship that you can park in larger ones and belongs to the carrack. Good for transporting cargo quickly.
Will you be checking out Alpha 3.17.2 in the free week and most importantly, which spaceship are you testing extensively? Write it to us in the comments!